Interesting question, can you answer it truthfully? Now days customers meet with numerous salespeople (plus the online “electronic” salespeople), Your customer is exposed to every sales gimmick, trick, style and approach. The old rule about how someone will make a decision about you within 30 seconds, well, its probably half that with a sales person!
Your customer will either like you and stay interested, or don't like you and tune out. That's why it's important to constantly assess your own sales style ... in short, would you buy from you? Remember, you customer is only listening to their favourite station WIIFM (Whats in it for me)
That said here are 14 questions(as prepared by legendary sales guru Tim Bednarz) to ponder:
1. Do you show a genuine interest in your customer's needs and problems?
2. Do you listen attentively when your customers talk, or are you just waiting to give your pitch or add your own comments?
3. When you make promises, do you follow through and deliver what you promised?
4. When presented with problems or questions, do you always respond quickly?
5. Do you present your features and benefits before you have had a chance to determine how or why your benefits can help your prospect?
6. Do you over-promise your prospect just to close the sale?
7. Do you thoroughly believe in the company, product or service you represent and sell?
8. What is first and foremost in your mind? Your Commission? Your Quota? or Your Customer?
9. When you contact a customer, are they happy to hear from you?
10. Do you keep your customers current of what is happening in your industry and aware of current events that might be of interest to them?
11. What is your goal? To close the sale or build a long-term relationship with your customers?
12. Do you work to achieve a Win-Win situation with your customers
13. What would you do if you discovered that your prospect wasn't right for your product?
14. If your competitor's product better served the needs of your customer, would you recommend it to them?
To Your Business Success